Back to Policies
Layout encourages accidental clicks
What is layout encourages accidental clicks
Explicitly encouraging the users to click on ads is an act of policy violation. Google wants to ensure that the users are not tricked or scammed and the advertisers’ money is not wasted.
This violation includes:
- Using deceptive ads that may look like actual site or app content, leading to accidental clicks.
- Unintentionally having a layout that may cause accidental clicks.
- Placing CTAs, menus, and other buttons next to ads that may lead to accidental clicking.
Other similar violative acts include but are not limited to:
- Compensating users for clicking on ads.
- Explicitly encouraging users to click on ads using phrases like “Click this ad” or “Visit this link”.
- Using graphics like arrows to highlight or point to ads.
- Formatting ads and actual content such as they cannot be distinguished from each other.
- Placing misleading labels or labels other than “Advertisement”, “Ad”, or “Sponsored” on ad units.
How it looks
Below are some examples of bad practices that lead to this policy violation.
Example 1: Graphical elements like arrows along with an explicit message are used.Graphical elements like arrows along with an explicit message are used.
Example 2: Ad is labeled with ‘Helpful Links’ instead of ‘Advertisement’ or ‘Sponsored’.Ad is labeled with ‘Helpful Links’ instead of ‘Advertisement’ or ‘Sponsored’.
Example 3: Ad is placed beneath the menu.Ad is placed beneath the menu.
Example 4: Encouraging users to click using an inappropriate message.Encouraging users to click using an inappropriate message.
What are its consequences
If Google finds out that your app or website is encouraging accidental clicks, it will restrict demand from certain sources.
Google may even block ads from your app or website, or even suspend or terminate your account. Thus, it is vital to adhere to all of Google’s Help Center Policies, Publisher Policies, best practices, and content restrictions.
How to avoid it
Below are some tips to avoid accidental clicks policy violation, not just encouraging unintended clicks.
- Read through Google Publisher Policies thoroughly.
- Learn about the best practices of monetizing with Google’s platforms.
- Try to keep your ads, ad placements, and formats as ethical and acceptable as possible.
How we help you resolve policy violations
Our dedicated account managers look into your app and website to identify any policy violations.
We suggest ad formats and placements that may perform best according to your app or website’s UI and UX.
If policy violations are detected, we provide suggestions and help you resolve them to ensure that monetization is not hindered.
We do a thorough audit on a regular basis to avoid policy violations and stalled revenue growth.
The only ad platform built for developers by developers.
Contact us now for a product that fits your needs! It’s quick, simple and easy.